Want to animate an element in your Adobe After Effects composition? You may need to optimize the element to be animated. How do you optimize assets so they can be used in your motion graphics project? In this video, author Ian Robinson demonstrates how to make sure your asset is prepared for animation.
- [Instructor] Now when you open this project file,…you'll notice that this is actually a preview…of the After Effects composition we're going to be building…in the next chapter.…I'm showing you this because in that chapter,…we're going to use this cursor hand graphic to fly around…the screen and click on this little plus button…of the user interface that we're going…to be compositing later.…But before we start flying the cursor hand around,…we need to actually optimize this for animation.…So if you're not seeing this cursor hand…in the Libraries panel, first make sure you're in…the Standard layout, you may need to reset it,…and then you can go up under Window…and navigate to Libraries.…
In your Libraries, you want to make sure to choose…the AEG_Market library that we created…earlier in the course.…If you haven't done that, make sure to go back to that video…and download those assets.…Now I'm going to take my cursor hand graphic,…and I'll click on it and drag it all the way over…to the Project panel and let go.…
- Exploring the Creative Cloud Market
- Searching and saving assets in the Creative Cloud Market
- Organizing Market assets in the CC Libraries
- Creating custom brushes and textures in Photoshop
- Creating backgrounds and animations in Illustrator
- Building a short promo in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Integrating Type into Videowith Eran Stern2h 36m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Color Grading Footagewith Richard Harrington2h 53m Appropriate for all
1. Using Creative Cloud Market Assets
2. Creating Textures and Patterns in Photoshop
3. Working with Assets in Illustrator
4. Project: Building a Short Promo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.