- [Instructor] A nice feature added to After Effects CS6…is the ability to change vector artwork,…such as layers imported from Adobe Illustrator,…into shape layers that you can then further manipulate…inside After Effects.…If you have access to the CS6 version of the project files…open up the comp SB Vectors to Shapes starter.…In it I have a single Adobe Illustrator layer…that has a very simple logo created from multiple shapes,…including text.…I merged the layers of the original Illustrator file…into a single After Effects layer when I imported it,…but just to remind you you do have a function…to right-click and convert flattened or merged artwork…from Photoshop or Illustrator into a layered composition.…
This does buy you some flexibility.…I'll open up the now nested composition…that has all the individual layers.…However, these are still just pixel-based layers…once brought into After Effects.…You do not have access in After Effects…to the paths that formed those layers.…I'm going to undo.…Therefore a welcome addition in CS6…
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Drawing parametric shapes and pen paths
- Creating multiple shape groups
- Exploring Wiggle Paths and the Wiggle Transform effect
- Defining gradient fills
- Creating a swarm
- Blending multiple shapes into a texture
- Crafting and animating dotted and dashed lines
- Combining effects, layer styles, expressions, and the Brainstorm tool with shape layers
- Showing tips for stylizing sidebars
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Drawing Shapes
2. Multiple Shape Paths
Creating compound paths8m 14s
3. Shape Effects
4. Crosshair Exercise
5. Abstract Texture Exercise
6. Map Path Exercise
7. Animated Logo Exercise
8. Ray-Traced 3D and Shapes (CS6 only)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.