Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Convert to Bezier paths, part of After Effects Apprentice: 14 Shape Layers.
- [Narrator] The blessing and curse of parametric shapes…is that they're always symmetrical.…Sometimes you wish you could use this tool…to drag out a nice symmetrical shape,…but then drag its individual points around…and make it something more interesting.…Well you can with a couple of commands…they added to later versions of After Effects.…You just start with a brand new composition…or if you have access to the CC version…of exercise files open up cp convert parametric starter.…I'm going to select the polygon tool…just to create something complex.…
I'm going to make sure that I have something solid…so I can see what I'm doing…and I don't really need a stroke…so I think I'm going to turn that off for now.…Normally when you click and drag out…a parametric shape, I'm going to press the space…bar to recenter it, release the space bar,…then release the mouse, you get special object…down here in the timeline panel…that includes all the parameters…of that shape you just created.…Let's say you wish those were points instead.…
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Drawing parametric shapes and pen paths
- Creating multiple shape groups
- Exploring Wiggle Paths and the Wiggle Transform effect
- Defining gradient fills
- Creating a swarm
- Blending multiple shapes into a texture
- Crafting and animating dotted and dashed lines
- Combining effects, layer styles, expressions, and the Brainstorm tool with shape layers
- Showing tips for stylizing sidebars
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Drawing Shapes
2. Multiple Shape Paths
Creating compound paths8m 14s
3. Shape Effects
4. Crosshair Exercise
5. Abstract Texture Exercise
6. Map Path Exercise
7. Animated Logo Exercise
8. Ray-Traced 3D and Shapes (CS6 only)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.