Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring Photoshop preferences for video workflows, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology.
- Once your workspaces are set up,…it's a good idea to configure a few additional preferences.…Preferences are options on how Photoshop works,…and they control things like the User Interface color,…as well as the size of other elements in the text.…Let's make a few adjustments to preferences…to improve the overall editing experience.…Edit, Preferences, or perhaps it's under the Photoshop menu…depending upon your operating system,…and bring that up.…The shortcut is Command or Control K.…I recommend sticking with the Adobe Color Picker…and using the heads-up display.…
I find a larger strip to be useful…as I work to choose colors.…I'll use the Automatic Interpolation method,…but if you find yourself frequently enlarging pictures,…you could choose the Smoother…or Sharper method for enlargement.…I prefer to not have to use the Shift key…to switch tools, and I find Flick Panning useful…but a Zoom Animated to be a waste of GPU processing.…I like that saved for my other applications…which might be running in the background.…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.