Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Compositing a dynamic 3D background, part of Cinema 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
The Stadium Pass is going to be broken up into two parts: the full stadium and…then just the base that the phone rises out of.…What this gives us the ability to do is control the intensity of effects that…are going to be based on the platform that the phone rises out of.…Now, the first step in this process is going to be isolating the stadium,…and so let's go into the Video folder and go into the Stadium Pass subfolder and…grab this composition, and we're going to move it into the Pre-COMP's folder.…Before I do that, I want to duplicate it…so I have myself a copy to go back to.…So I hit Command+D or Ctrl+D on the keyboard, and let's drag this down now into…the Pre-COMP's folder.…
And in the Pre-COMP's folder, I'm going to name this Stadium Pass Pre.…Now the Stadium Pass Pre, if I open that up, that has all of our stadium elements in it.…Right now, the stadium element has these lights in it, and I don't want these…lights to be visible right now.…We're going to be using a different layer in our final compositing process to…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.