Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Compositing 3D text, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
Our Type Pass is going to be very simple to set up.…The great thing about having it as a separate pass is that if we decide later…on we need it to say something different, then it's really simple to change the type out.…We'll only need to render that type pass out and not the whole stadium, and…that's really what this is about is creating versatility in your composition…inside of After Effects.…Very often, you'll get an assignment and the title for the job will…change halfway through.…And by building your piece in a modular way like this, it makes it really easy…to change that type out.…You can say, hey, no problem, I'll change the type out, and you can do it really…quickly without having to go all the way back to CINEMA 4D and rendering out…every single piece of your project again.…
You can only render the type, and you'll be good to go.…I am going to start off in this file by going into the Video folder and in the…CINEMA 4D Imports, I'm going into the Type Pass. I've got this composition here…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.