Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Composite the passes, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Narrator] With our render passes imported and organized…we can start to build up our composite by…arranging the passes in a way that allows us to create…a freedom to dial in the look of our shot.…Now, before we go further, we have to address one thing,…And it's this: Let's zoom into our barrel.…You can see here if I solo this main layer,…this main layer has all the render passes…composited on top of it, so it's combined together…with the diffuse channel, the specular reflections are…represented here, the shadows as well.…Underneath it here, we have just the diffuse.…
Now, the diffuse pass is the base colors of the object,…so it's not tinted with any shadowing or reflection.…It's just color.…If we turn off our main layer and look at…the diffuse passes underneath the barrel,…you can see that it gets considerably darker.…Now, this is actually incorrect.…Our 3-D passes were rendered with a different gamma…than what we're working with in our compositor…inside of After Effects.…So because of that discrepancy, you're seeing this…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.