So to start with our project, let's scrub with our current-time indicator in the timeline.…And as you can see, we have definitely created 2D type that's moving in 3D space.…To transition this type to actually have dimension and exist as 3D type in 3D…space, we need to change our renderer.…So look in the upper right-hand corner of your comp window and click on…the classic 3D button.…In the Advanced tab for the Comp Settings, click on the Classic 3D pulldown and…choose Ray-traced 3D.…
Now we switch the Renderer to Ray- traced 3D and I just want you to make note of…these options if you click on the Options button.…Ray-tracing is set to 3 and the Anti-Aliasing Filter is set to Box.…Before we do a high-res output, we'll need to change this Ray-tracing setting to…a much higher setting.…And we may very well want to change the Anti-aliasing Filter up as well, but…let's see after we create something.…So click OK and click OK one more time and let's select our Wind layer.…
Now within the text itself, since we've changed our Renderer to Ray-traced 3D,…
- Setting up the workspace, important preferences, and the cache
- Importing footage and comps
- Relinking missing footage
- Creating type, shape layers, and masks
- Rotoscoping with the Roto Brush
- Adjusting keyframes in the Graph Editor
- Timing animations to audio
- Building backgrounds with effects
- Rendering with the Render Queue and Adobe Media Encoder
- Animating 3D type
- Smoothing shaky footage and retouching footage
- Keying green screen footage
- Working with 3D: extruding shapes, adding ray-traced lighting, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe After Effects
What is After Effects?1m 8s
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Compositions
3. Building and Designing with Layers
4. Animation 101
5. Using Effects to Modify Layers
6. Jumping into 3D
7. Exporting and Rendering
8. Going in Depth with Type and Shapes
9. Video in Depth
10. Project: Keying Green Screen Footage
11. Integrating External Projects
Importing Illustrator files4m 24s
12. Project: Tracking and Advanced 3D
What's next1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.