Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Colorizing the energy beams, part of Cinema 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
The beams that we've added have really had a lot of energy into the scene,…we may also add volume and depth to our image, but they are still white and…although the white color of the beams does look very hot,…it sort of stands apart from the rest of the energy in the stadium and I want to…beam energy to tie itself back into the platform, and the platform color has its…orange to it, and so we really want our beams to tint back to that orange.…We're going to use something called CC Toner in order to do that.…I'm going to go to the very base Beams layer and now I'm inside the MMM-001…composition, which is where all of our compositing is coming together, and on…this base Beams layer I'm going to go to the Effects menu and go to the Color…Correction and then grab CC Toner, and CC Toner colorizes a layer based on the…highlights, mid-tones, and shadows.…
Our Beams Pass is basically all highlights and so the mid-tones and shadows…don't really have an effect.…I'm going to start off though by changing the mid-tones anyway, just to make…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.