In this video, the finished project is archived with the Collect tool. This saves all the relevant material into a single folder.
- [Instructor] What happens if you want to archive…your project for future use or to share it…with another animator or coworker?…Here is the folder that contains…all of our files for the finished scene.…As you can see we have the AEP,…or the After Effects Project file,…the WAV file, that's the sound,…and all of our animation files are in here.…Now, bare in mind that during the course of making…an after effects file, you could be using images…from all over your computer,…you could be pulling things in from other hard drives.…
So it's a really good idea to tidy up…your project right at the very end.…Let's do that.…So here's the finished project,…and as you can see, we have all of our material.…It's always a good idea to just double check,…make sure that everything is in there…and nothing is disappearing,…so we have everything that we need.…So, first thing that we'll do is clean it up.…Under file, dependencies, go remove unused footage.…And do this if you just want to clean it up.…You don't have to do this, but it's often a good idea…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Appropriate for all
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.