Cinemagraphs have become all the rage on the web. In this exercise, learn a simple technique that uses the Photoshop timeline to create the video.
- [Instructor] In this exercise,…we're going to create a cinemagraph.…Now a cinemagraph is nothing more than a video…that has a part of it in motion while the rest…of it remains basically a still image.…It's pretty effective and you've seen…them all over the web most likely.…In this exercise, what we're going to do,…is we're going to move away from using Premiere…and After Effects and we're actually going…to take a look at how you can create an MP4 in Photoshop.…And in the next exercise we're going to take…the cinemagraph that we've created here…in Photoshop and turn it into an animated GIF…which can then be dropped into a web page.…
So to get yourself started, open Photoshop…and then open the fountain.MP4 file…found in your chapter download.…And when it opens you'll see the video sitting…on the screen and your timeline will open.…If you're not seeing the timeline,…it's in the Window menu right here.…So the first thing you do when you open…one of these things up is just take…a look at it 'cause there a couple…of things you gotta be aware of.…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Intermediate
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Intermediate
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Intermediate
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.