Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge overview, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] This chapter is all about the challenge.…It's intended for you to put your skills into practice,…take all the concepts and techniques that you've learned…here in this course and extrapolate it…and put your own spin on things.…And hopefully you can experiment and come up…with something creative with the use of this footage.…So here I have a skyline,…and we also have our 3D missile.…That's the Cinema 4D asset.…And because it's a Cinema asset,…you can manipulate this how you like.…We'll also throw in this debris texture.…
And so the idea here is for you to use your imagination…to combine these elements in some meaningful way.…Now it doesn't necessarily have to look like this,…but this is my take on it.…And it would be a fun exercise…to kind of reverse engineer how this was created.…You don't necessarily have to create this exactly.…I just provide the plates for you,…and hopefully you can bring your creativity to the table…and make something much much better than this.…So in the following movie,…I'll do a little breakdown of the core pieces…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.