Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge overview, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] This chapter is devoted…to taking skills you've learned…in the course so far,…and using them to reverse engineer a video treatment…in the style of a Piet Mondrian piece.…The goal here is to hopefully get you…to identify some of the techniques we've used,…which in turn will serve as jumping off point…for developing your own ideas.…In this movie, I encourage you to watch the final piece,…and try to deconstruct the components…so you can build it for yourself…before watching the rest of the movies in the chapter.…If you have access to the exercises files,…you'll find the challenge_start project file…has the assets I used to create the reference piece.…
And should you get stuck or want to examine…how I built my version,…open up the challenge_end project.…There's certainly no one way to things in After Effects.…So you may be surprised to find your approach…to be different altogether.…With, that said, I hope you accept the challenge…and wish you the best of luck.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.