Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Cameras and lights, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] In addition to having 3D layers…enabled in a composition,…After Effects also gives us the ability…to add cameras and lights to our 3D space.…When added into a scene that has 3D layers,…cameras can frame up the elements in the scene…from a much different view, much like the real world.…Likewise, lights can illuminate some layers…while obscuring others in darkness.…Here in this movie, we'll take a look at how…adding cameras and lights can bring…a new level of depth to our compositions.…So here in this composition I've got all 3D layers.…And I'm going to create a brand new camera.…Let's go down here in this empty space…and right click and say new camera.…
Alternately, you can come up here to layer…and go to New Camera, as well.…Under the camera settings we have a couple…of different options here.…The first one of which is the two-node or one-node camera.…I'm going to leave it at two-node.…The two-node camera creates a camera…and a second node called the point of interest.…And that acts as a target for the camera to look at.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.