Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video CINEMA 4D Exporter, part of After Effects CC 2015 New Features.
- [Voiceover] Another tool which I think…has been seeing considerable improvement…over the life of After Effects CC 2015…is File, Export, Maxon Cinema 4D Exporter.…This now allows you to export text layers that are 3D,…as well as 3D shape layers,…into a Maxon Cinema 4D project file…that you can open into Cinema 4D Lite.…I'll start with the shape layer…and then we'll move over to text layers,…'cause they have some different options.…The first thing to know is if you don't have a 3D layer…and then you go to File, Export, Maxon Cinema 4D,…you get a warning that no 3D layers are found…so therefore nothing can be exported.…
You need to have a 3D layer switch selected…for your shape layer even if you've not extruded it yet…using the ray trace rendering agent inside After Effects.…Some of these various shape treatments,…like Twist, are indeed obeyed.…However, the repeater is not copied over into Cinema 4D.…There's what Repeater does,…and here's what Twist does,…and I've animated Twist over time.…We'll enable it.…No need to select the layer.…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.