Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video CC Libraries direct import, part of After Effects CC 2015 New Features.
- Another useful little tweak in this version…is Adobe has made libraries more useful…in AfterEffects.…One of the downsides of libraries…is previously, if you were going to import…an object from your libraries panel…into your current project,…you could not drag it straight into the composition.…You used to have to drag it first into your project panel…and then you could add it to your timeline.…Well, fortunately, now they've added the ability…to go ahead and drag straight from libraries…into your timeline panel.…You can also drag from libraries…into the composition panel.…
That really saved a step…of having to previously put things in the project,…then put them in the composition.…There's also been a very useful side-effect…of this new capability.…Not only can you drag things from the libraries panel,…you can now drag them straight from your finder…or explorer into a composition.…For example, if I wanted to add this background movie…into this project,…I can just drag it straight into my timeline,…and there it is.…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.