Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video Building an infographic story, part of After Effects Breakdowns: Social Tech Infographics.
- [Voiceover] I think that a good infographics movie…is one that can help to explain the complicated idea…with simple images and metaphors.…You can harness the power of motion graphics…to enhance the human visual system's ability…to see patterns and trends.…So when you need to present information in this way,…you should try to follow a few important rules.…You need to show the data, but at the same time,…inspire the viewer to think about the substance.…You should also encourage the eye to compare…different pieces of data,…and try to reveal the data as several levels of detail,…from a broad overview to the fine structure.…
And finally, everything needs to be integrated…with the statistical and verbal descriptions…of the information.…So, I want to walk you through…the storyboard of this movie…where we can see that all of those principles…were implemented to explain…about the COM.UNITY organization and its purpose.…We are starting with this image of Social Tech,…which raises the question of,…"What is Social Tech?"…
Eran shows how to decode a client brief, perform storyboarding in Illustrator, and then transition the design to After Effects for animation. Along the way, he weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Designing a storyboard with Illustrator
- Automating animations with Animation Composer
- Creating custom particles with Particular
- Crashing simulations using Newton