Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Building custom SMPTE-safe titles in Photoshop, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology.
- Let's make a tweak for the ATSC or SMPTE standards.…I'll select this same option here,…the EBU, and just duplicate it again.…This time, we'll rename it.…Let's just make this a little bigger.…We'll call this SMPTE.…The percentages modified…for more North American and Japanese markets…were slightly different.…Let's go here and discard this title-safe overlay action.…I'll unlock it and throw it away,…and open back up that Action panel,…making sure that the correct action is selected.…
To start, we'll set the selection…and then transform it.…For the SMPTE standard, this action-safe zone…stays at 93 percent.…If you'd like to type those values in again,…you're welcome to.…Then click the Commit button to apply.…Press control + d or command + d to deselect,…open up the action,…and go down to the second Set Selection.…Then double-click on Transform Selection.…While the European standard used a width of 80 percent…and a height of 90 percent,…the revised standard used for most of North America ...…
To other parts of the world,…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.