- [Instructor] By using null objects…in conjunction with cameras,…we can create rigs that make controlling them…in After Effects easier than by…manipulating the camera alone.…Here, we'll take a look at the advantages…of using a simple camera rig,…comprised of a camera parented to a null object.…So here in my scene, I've got several 3D layers,…and I've got a Two-Node Camera,…and that has a point of interest,…which controls where the camera's pointing.…So, down below here, you see I have a car with a road.…I can also orbit around with this setup using this Position.…You'll see that it's orbiting around the point of interest.…
This poses a couple disadvantages.…One is that I can't really move my point of interest…in my composition window here.…If I wanted to move it, I'd have to come over here…to my active window, and go to like the Front view,…and there's my UI, I can actually click…and drag this point of interest around now.…And in order to see that,…in conjunction with my camera view,…I'd have to come here and switch this over to Active Camera,…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.