Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Build a simple logo animation, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] As part of your duties as an editor,…you'll most likely be tasked with animating a logo.…In this movie, we'll take an example logo…and use a few simple techniques,…such as use of track mattes and a few keyframes…to build up a more interesting logo reveal.…Now, there's certainly no right or wrong way to do this…and I highly encourage you to experiment on your own…and you might find…that you'll reach different and unique results…using the same techniques that I'll use here.…So here in this composition,…I've got four layers of this H+ Sport logo…and let's think about a game plan…of how to use these elements to animate on.…
I know that the circle is the largest part of this logo,…so maybe we can use that…to motivate some of the other movement in this logo.…But first of all, let's go ahead and think about the timing…of all this, how this comes on.…So at the very beginning,…maybe there's nothing on the screen whatsoever…and maybe by 30 frames,…one second to maybe one and a half to two seconds,…we have all these elements resolve in some way.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.