- [Narrator] By using null objects in conjunction…with cameras, we can create rigs…that make controlling them in After Effects…easier than by manipulating the camera alone.…Here, we'll take a look at the advantages of using…a simple camera rig…comprised of a camera parented to a null object.…So here in my scene, I've got several 3D layers…and I've got a two-node camera…and that has a point of interest which controls where…the camera's pointing.…So down below here, you see I have a car with a road.…I can also orbit around…with this setup using this position.…You'll see that it's orbiting around the point of interest.…
This poses a couple disadvantages.…One is that I can't really move my point of interest…in my composition window here.…If I wanted to move it,…I'd have to come over here to my Active Window,…and go to the Front View.…And there's my UI.…I can actually click and drag this point of interest…around now.…And in order to see that in conjunction with…my camera view, I'd have to come here and…switch this over to Active Camera…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.