Adobe After Effects is Adobe software that is solely dedicated to motion graphics creation. Here, you can also create animated 3D text. There are many tools that you can choose from to create it. What’s available? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to browse text animation presets in After Effects.
- To make things easy to start, After Effects…offers several animation presets.…These can be browsed as a text-based list,…or you can look at them visually as well.…Let's work with the composition here called "Text Block".…And you'll see that there's already a block of text…loaded into After Effects.…With that selected, I can choose to view…my animation presets by going to "Effects and Presets".…Now, this contains a lot of choices,…and you'll see that if you have third party filters…installed, there might be several different categories here.…
What we wanna look at is the animation presets,…which is located at the very top.…Now, these are organized by function.…You'll find that animation presets are available…for many things, such as processing an image,…creating content like backgrounds,…or even animated transitions.…For now, let's focus on just the text ones.…Down here is the text category,…and these are organized into subcategories,…such as "3D Motion", or the ability to create…graphical-type transitions, or…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.