Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Browsing text animation presets, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type (2014).
- Now that you have a composition with text in it,…it's pretty simple to start to animate.…Inside the effects and presets,…you'll find the animation presets category.…Remember, the Photoshop text that you converted…can be modified as long as it shows up as live text,…or you can take the text tool and,…much like Photoshop, click and drag to define a text area…and then enter text into that box.…Now, let's just delete this layer here.…Here's the animation presets,…and you'll see there's the text category.…
I click the palette sub-menu and choose browse presets.…This'll launch Adobe Bridge and…give you a preview of the different presets.…Now, back in After Effects, I recommend…that you leave the layer highlighted…so that the preset has a target.…In Bridge, you'll see all those presets available.…There's the text category.…If you step in, you can see different presets.…Now, when you select them, be…very careful to just single click.…
When you do, you'll see a sample…of what it looks like on the right.…This is showing you a reveal.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.