Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Breakdown, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So here's a little breakdown…of how this shot was created.…As we watch this, you can see that there's a couple…of different things going on.…We have a sky replacement up top.…We obviously have the building destruction here.…Underneath it you can see…that we have bits and pieces…of debris and some structure there replacing the insides…of the building and we have some fire.…And of course we have the smoke effects from the missile.…So let's go ahead take a look at the skyline.…And if I open up my comps here,…I have all these different pre-comps used…to create this.…
I started out with the city,…just isolating out the buildings and the foreground here…and eliminating the sky.…And I was able to do that using the extract effect.…So I created an extract effect…where we're able to pull all that out…based on the luminance, or the red brightness of the shot.…And then with the matte choker…we just fine-tune that just a little bit.…And from there, I fed that into another comp.…And this is the pre-comp…for the building destruction portion.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.