Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Before we start, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Just a quick note regarding navigating inside of After Effects, before we begin. During the course, I'll often be zooming in and out of the composition window to better visualize the small details of the shot, and then back out, to see the picture as a whole. If you're using a mouse with a scroll wheel to follow along, use it to zoom in and out of the window. So here, zoom in and zoom out. If you're using the keyboard, make sure you have the composition window clicked, and then you can use the period key to zoom in and the comma key to zoom out. We can always frame up our contents to the size of the composition window by hitting Shift and forward slash, or we can alternately come here and say, "Fit." As we zoom in we can pan around our window here by holding down the space bar.
You'll see, it temporarily turns into a hand. Now we can left click and pan around. Lastly, there are technical terms and ideas in visual effects, that more seasoned compositors will need to be aware of. However, as we are just beginning our journey, I don't want those to be a hindrance to learning about the core methods. Things like color space and bit depth are all things to consider when working in visual effects. However, let's first learn how to walk before we run. Since they aren't prerequisites for learning the essential techniques, we'll pass on covering them here.
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.