Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Batch rendering render passes: Project two, part of Maya Rendering for After Effects Composites.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
We're now going to move on to the Project 2 and prepare that for rendering.…We're also going to use mental ray contribution maps and render passes for this render.…We want to split this spaceship up into multiple render passes.…Now in order to do that, we have to go through some of the steps we have already discussed in Project 1.…It's not a bad idea to get some practice, and in fact some of the render passes we will…choose for this particular project will be slightly different from Project 1.…So let's get started setting this up for the render passes and the render.…The first thing I want to do is once again hide the image plane.…
So I want to turn Alpha Gain to 0.…Then we want to go right to the Render Settings window, and if I am not already there, make…sure I have set up mental ray.…Then I want to go to the Quality tab and make sure my Anti-Aliasing is good enough.…Right now, it's set to a lower quality, so I'm going to switch to Custom Sampling and set to 0, 2.…That's high quality. Now we can set up some passes.…
- Working with image sequences
- Matching the 3D camera to video footage
- Lighting models in Maya
- Splitting a scene into multiple render passes
- Batch rendering
- Recombining render passes in an After Effects composition
- Setting up motion trackers
- Refining layers with rotoscoping
- Adding blur and effects
- Adjusting shadows and matte edges
- Using color correction
- Stabilizing shaky video
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepping a Maya Scene
2. Introduction to the Render Layer Editor
3. Creating Render Passes with mental ray
4. Recombining Render Passes in After Effects
5. Transforming Motion Tracking in After Effects
Setting up a motion tracker5m 17s
6. Transforming Motion Tracking to a Moving Camera
7. Stabilization and Corner Pin Motion Tracking
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.