In this exercise, explore creating a background video in Adobe Premiere Pro. Along the way, discover how to convert a color video to greyscale, apply a blur effect, and add scan lines.
- [Instructor] In the previous exercise I showed you…how to create background video…for a webpage using After Effects.…Now some of you may not have that great After Effects skills…or you find it to be rather intimidating…and you're more familiar with Premiere.…So in this exercise what we're going to do…is to create the background video in Premiere.…So let's get started.…And the first thing you want to do is to launch Premiere…and name your project Turbine.…Okay, so let's get started.…
So we're going to bring in the clip into the clip bin,…so we'll just double click here,…navigate to your chapter five exercise folder,…this is the file we are going to be using,…which is an mp4 called Wind, import.…And we just drag it onto the timeline,…and away we go, alright.…So let's rock and roll here.…Now this video is 1080p, so this is a massive video.…We gotta reduce its file size down…by first off making it smaller,…and we can do that when we output it.…
So I'm not too terribly concerned about the size right now.…But what I want to do, especially with background video,…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Intermediate
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Intermediate
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Intermediate
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.