One of the more popular trends is to have a web page's background be a full-screen video. In this exercise, learn how to create a video using After Effects and a couple of the effects that come packaged with After Effects.
- [Instructor] What you are looking at…is one of the more popular trends when it comes…to working with web video and that…is full screen background video…and there are a number of things that you need to know…about this but the most important thing you need to know…is that these things have to be small.…When you're working with video on the web, small is good.…And that's what we're going to do in this exercise.…We're going to create a full screen background video…that will run through a web page.…
Now the first thing we're going to do here…is we're going to create the video in After Effects.…That will be the first exercise…and then I'm gonna show you how to do the same thing…in Premiere and then in the third exercise,…I'll show you how to drop this whole thing into a webpage.…So let's get started.…And to get yourself started, open up After Effects.…And when we come to After Effects, the first thing we want…to do is open a new composition so we'll just create…a new composition.…We're gonna name it wind 'cause we're going to be using…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Beginner
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Appropriate for all
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Appropriate for all
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.