Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Automating multiple titles with data sets, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- If you've taken the time to set up…a well-organized lower third template,…you could take advantage of data sets,…which allow you to use that template graphic,…and then auto-populate it with contents.…Let's do this here, by working with a different area.…Now, I don't need these other cities,…so I'm just going to get rid of these three,…and press delete.…And what I'm going to do is rename this "Location".…So I have two fields, name and location.…Let's set the stacking order so it matches…a logical flow of first graphic, second.…
Now, I can create some data sets.…Under Image, I choose Variables>Define.…This allows me to choose what's happening,…and you'll see with the left and right arrows,…it steps through every layer in the document.…Different layers have different options.…For example, if there's text to replace,…so the Name one, I don't want to work with visibility,…but what I want to work with is Text Replacement,…and I'm going to call this, "Speaker Name",…just giving it a clear field that makes sense.…
I'll now go to the next one, for location.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.