Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Attaching a video layer to a 3D object, part of Cinema 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
Our phone compositing process illustrates a really important concept inside of…After Effects, and that's the idea that you can have a 2D element in After…Effects that sticks to a 3D render from CINEMA 4D. And in this movie, we're going…to be doing just that.…We're going to take a piece of footage, and we're going to put it inside of…pre-comp and stick it onto the front of our phone screen.…So let's start off by importing a piece of video that we can use.…First, I'll start off by just cleaning up this window here.…I'm going to close up these folders, and actually, I'll reopen the Video folder.…And in the Video folder, I'm going to select the High Res folder.…
When I import this piece of footage now, it's going to go right into that High…Res folder for me, so I don't have to organize it later.…So I'll go to the File menu, do Import > File.…I'm inside of the Exercise Files in the Video_Assets folder. And if I select…this Lake Tahoe clip, and that's a snowboarder going over jump and I hit Open,…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.