Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Video and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
The After Effects Apprentice videos on lynda.com were created by Trish and Chris Meyer and are designed to be used on their own and as a companion to their book After Effects Apprentice. We are honored to host these tutorials in the lynda.com Online Training Library®.
- Smoothing out slow motion
- Creating stop motion
- Creating hold and freeze frames
- Keyframing time
- Crossfading stop motion frames
- Setting multiple playback speeds
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Chris Meyer of Crish Design and welcome to the After Effects Apprentice lesson on Time Games. In this short fun course, we're going to give you a few ideas and give you a few techniques of how you can manipulate time. We're gonna show you two different ways to create smoother slow motion. We're going to show you how to reliably create stop-motion, including freeze-frames. And we're going to show you how key-frame time. How to make time speed up, slow down, even run backwards, depending on what you need for a particular project. We have a Quizzler, where you need to combine something you learned in this lesson with something you learned in the previous lesson on expressions.
And we have a couple Idea Corners to hopefully give you some further inspiration. I hope these tips and knowledge add to your bag of tricks and that you have a lot of fun. So as always, let's dive in.