The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Smoothing out slow motion
- Creating stop motion
- Creating hold and freeze frames
- Keyframing time
- Crossfading stop motion frames
- Setting multiple playback speeds
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Chris Meyer of Crish Design, and welcome to the After Effects Apprentice lesson on Time Games. In this short, fun course, we're going to give you a few ideas and give you a few techniques of how you can manipulate time. We're going to show you two different ways to create smoother slow motion. We're going to show you how to reliably create stop motion, including freeze frames, and we're going to show you how to keyframe time. How to make time speed up, slow down, even run backwards, depending on what you need for a particular project. We have a Quizzler where you need to combine something you learn in this lesson with something you learned in the previous lesson on expressions, and we have a couple of Idea Corners to hopefully give you some further inspiration.
I hope these tips and knowledge add to your bag of tricks and that you have a lot of fun. So as always, let's dive in.
Q: This course was updated on 12/06/2012. What changed?
A: We added exercise files designed for After Effects CS6, as well as a movie that shows our premium subscribers how to use the exercise files.