After Effects Apprentice 10: Time Games
Discover how to manipulate time in After Effects. Author Chris Meyer shows how to stop, slow, and speed up footage, and how to combine these techniques with nested compositions, expressions, and the Graph Editor. Along the way, he reveals several important yet somewhat hidden functions, such as the advanced composition setting that ensures predictable stop motion, the Frame Mix and Pixel Motion modes of the Frame Blending switch, and the Time Remap parameter.
The After Effects Apprentice videos on lynda.com were created by Trish and Chris Meyer and are designed to be used on their own and as a companion to their book After Effects Apprentice. We are honored to host these tutorials in the lynda.com Online Training Library®.
- Smoothing out slow motion
- Creating stop motion
- Creating hold and freeze frames
- Keyframing time
- Crossfading stop motion frames
- Setting multiple playback speeds
- Hi, I'm Chris Meyer of Crish Design and welcome to the After Effects Apprentice lesson on Time Games. In this short fun course, we're going to give you a few ideas and give you a few techniques of how you can manipulate time. We're gonna show you two different ways to create smoother slow motion. We're going to show you how to reliably create stop-motion, including freeze-frames. And we're going to show you how key-frame time. How to make time speed up, slow down, even run backwards, depending on what you need for a particular project. We have a Quizzler, where you need to combine something you learned in this lesson with something you learned in the previous lesson on expressions.
And we have a couple Idea Corners to hopefully give you some further inspiration. I hope these tips and knowledge add to your bag of tricks and that you have a lot of fun. So as always, let's dive in.
Digital Matte Painting Essentials 5: Camera Projection in Maya50,533 Views
After Effects Apprentice 16: Creating a Medical Opening Title90,482 Views
Excel 2010: Data Validation in Depth117,153 Views
iWeb Essential Training99,921 Views
iDVD '08 Essential Training124,088 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,422 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,996 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,629,103 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,930 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training631,228 Views