In this video, explore how the glow effect can create the illusion of a burning city.
- [Instructor] I want to show you how to make…some small fixes and also how to apply one…of my favorite kind of cheat effects, which is glow.…So, first of all, a little fix that I noticed.…So, in this particular version of my animation,…I noticed that the timing had kinked out a little bit here,…I noticed how the building begins to mesh before the impact.…And this can happen very easily, it's extremely easy…to lose alignment with these kind of things,…so what I'm going to do is fix that…in case this happens to you at any point.…
So we go to the collapsing building here…that has the mesh on it, and we can twirl out…our controller here, so we can see our effects.…And we have the bulge, which we didn't use,…we could apply the bulge again,…but we didn't go with that one.…The mesh warp is the one that's causing the problem.…So let's twirl that out as well.…We can see there is our key frame for the mesh.…So all I want to do is to change the timing of this one.…It may look different from the one I did earlier,…this is because it's just a…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Appropriate for all
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.