Join Angie Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating without keyframes, part of After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors.
- View Offline
- One of the main reasons for using…After Effects expressions for your animation…is to simplify the animation process…and make it more flexible to make changes…as you're going through the edit,…particularly if you're sitting with a client.…So up until now, we've used keyframes…to create the basic animation,…and then used the pic quip…to link properties together,…and used some simple arithmetic…on the expressions to adapt them.…Now the problem with that is it's still…based on keyframes.…So to simplify the animation process…even further, I want to show you…a way of creating motion and animation…without using keyframes at all,…and that's using the time expression.…
I've got this clip here in Premiere Pro.…It's already in the edit.…You can see here if we just preview that.…(mumbles) know what footage you'd like…them to provide.…And your download credits never expire.…There are no other fees and no minimum commitment.…So this is already dynamically linked.…So all I need to do to open it up…is go up to Edit,…Edit Original or hit Command D,…
After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors is a creative, project-based workshop. Editors take a basic Premiere Pro edit and bring it to life using After Effects expressions and Dynamic Link, following author Angie Taylor's expert instructions. The concepts are broken down into manageable 3–5 minute videos, covering techniques such as randomizing effects, linking animation and color to sound, automating animation, and more.
- Linking footage from Premiere Pro in After Effects with Dynamic Link
- Understanding the expression language
- Automating animation with expressions
- Randomizing effect properties
- Linking color and light changes to audio
- Creating camera shake with a wiggle expressions
- Linking keyframes to create a lightening strike effect
- Synchronizing color and other design elements
- Creating amazing text animations