- [Instructor] In After Effects, type can be set…in any number of ways according to your design needs,…and sometimes that requires type to conform to a shape…other than a straight line.…So here in this movie, we'll take a look…at how to use paths to shape our text.…So here in this example, I've got the beginnings…of a text car that's created with a rectangle…and a trapezoid, and obviously what's missing is the wheels.…So we're going to create that using circles…and with the word, circles, so let's go ahead…and click down here to create a brand new composition…and we'll call this one circle, we'll say okay,…and over here, we have no text, so let's add some text.…
I'm going to come over here to my text tool,…and with Gill Sans selected and white type,…I'm just going to start over here, and here,…we're going to type the word circle a few times.…So, C-I-R-C-L-E, and I'm going to space this out…a little bit by hitting tab.…So circle, tab, circle, tab.…All right, we'll space that out a little bit,…and you'll see why here in a second.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.