Once you have created your own custom art brush in Adobe Illustrator, you can use that brush in multiple ways to create some great vector elements and scenes. How do you animate a scene create with an art brush? In this video, author Ian Robinson walks you through how to animate a scene created with art brushes in Adobe After Effects.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to go ahead…and animate this tree scene that we painted using art…brushes a little while ago.…If you notice in the After Effects project,…I have a composition, trees.ae, and it has one layer…which is this flattened Illustrator file.…If you press P to open Position, and scrub on X parameter,…you'll notice both the background and the trees are all…flattened onto one layer, that's perfectly fine,…let me just Command + Z to undo that, make sure it's set up…like this.…Now the animation I want to go ahead and create is a rolling…effect where it looks like we're kind of staring out…the window of a car and the trees are just kind of…flowing by.…
So to do that I want to animate an effect called offset,…so make sure Layer 1 is selected, then go up under Effect,…Distort, and choose Offset.…Now, Offset's really interesting, if you scrub on…the X parameter here where it says Shift Center To,…you can see it'll repeat whatever is going on in the…background, which is going to look pretty cool, so let me…
- Exploring the Creative Cloud Market
- Searching and saving assets in the Creative Cloud Market
- Organizing Market assets in the CC Libraries
- Creating custom brushes and textures in Photoshop
- Creating backgrounds and animations in Illustrator
- Building a short promo in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Integrating Type into Videowith Eran Stern2h 36m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Color Grading Footagewith Richard Harrington2h 53m Intermediate
1. Using Creative Cloud Market Assets
2. Creating Textures and Patterns in Photoshop
3. Working with Assets in Illustrator
4. Project: Building a Short Promo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.