In this video, a camera is added to the scene and animated.
- [Instructor] Up until now we've been using…the built-in cameras and custom views in the program,…but now we're going to add our own camera,…and this will allow us to do much more.…So let's just go to the top.…Actually y'know, bit of housecleaning too,…let's just start hiding some of the Shy layers,…so we'll click on here, and I think we can…maybe shy out the robots.…And that'll be okay for now,…and now I'm gonna put in the camera, put Layer, New, Camera.…And 35 millimeter I think is probably…a slightly wider angle, you will get more in your shot.…
50 millimeter probably better for like, narrow angle,…like interiors, that kind of thing.…I'm going to enable depth of field.…We won't worry about any of these settings just for now.…And if you know anything about cameras, then obviously…this will help you, this will be much more…than the person who doesn't, but for now,…we'll just activate the camera.…So we have our camera now, if I click on the layer,…you can see the camera here,…but you don't see the view in the camera.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Appropriate for all
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.