Not only can Adobe Photoshop work with photos and text, it also has the ability to work with and create 3D objects. How do you design and animate 3D type in Photoshop? What tools are available to you? In this video, join Richard Harrington as he demonstrates how to animate 3D text in Adobe Photoshop.
- Once you've built a 3D scene,…you could animate the objects within the scene…as well as the camera's position.…To do this, you'll want to bring up the timeline.…Now in order to create an animation,…you'll need to create a video timeline.…And from the pop-up list here, if needed,…you could set the frame rate for that timeline.…And just click 'OK'…Now if you take a look at the different properties here,…you'll notice that there are controls…such as the camera position, and the render settings,…and the lights, the materials.…
This lets you adjust what's happening…with the different elements.…Let's say we wanna animate the arrow, for example.…Now the properties you want to control…are for the 3D mesh.…If you don't see these controls,…make sure you enable the 3D tracks…and that will turn them on.…Now you can animate the materials,…the lights, and the mesh.…So let's go ahead for example,…and click the stopwatch here for the default position,…and then I'll move later in the composition.…
Remember, if needed, you can drag these tracks out…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.