Adobe After Effects is Adobe software that is solely dedicated to motion graphics creation. Here, you can also create animated 3D text. There are many tools that you can choose from to create it. What’s available? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to use animate text in 3D space in After Effects.
- After Effects supports animating characters…within three dimensions.…I'm not talking about extruding text here,…although After Effects does support that as an option…and character animator can be applied to 3D text,…what I'm talking about is moving in 3D space.…Instead of just moving objects up and down…and side to side, they can move forward and backwards…to change in size or they can tumble or rotate…on an axis in 3D space.…Let me show you.…Let's keep working with the comp from before,…but I'm gonna select the two animators…and delete them so our text resets.…
Now, you'll notice that we have the 3D Text properties.…If you twirl this down, you'll see a list.…Again remember, you can flip over to Adobe Bridge…and just navigate to the 3D Text category to see this.…Single click and you'll get a simulation.…Now, this is showing it to you from sort of the side,…so some of these animators are actually going…to work depending upon where the camera is,…but find the one you like.…For example, Flutter in Random Order.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.