Explore setting the format, color replacement policy, color reduction, and scaling using the Save For Web feature in Photoshop.
- [Instructor] In the previous exercise,…we created a cinemagraph by adding a still image…pulled from a video, placing it over the video…and then poking a hole through it using a mask.…In this exercise, what we're going to do…is take that same file and turn it into an animated GIF.…If you saved the file from the previous exercise,…open it up; if you didn't, then open up the Fountain.psd…found in your chapter download and let's get started.…
So the first thing we want to do is come over to File,…Export, and then right here is Save for Web (Legacy).…And what this does is open up the Save for Web dialogue box…and if you are an old-time Fireworks user,…you are quite familiar with this one.…So I can take a look at it by using different compression…by clicking on 4-Up, and I get four looks at it.…And I can change each one.…
I can even look at an optimized version of it right there.…And we'll go with the 2-Up so we have a comparison…of the original and the new version.…Now one of the things that you can do here…is you can change it to a GIF,…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Beginner
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Appropriate for all
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Appropriate for all
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.