Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Animate type, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Perhaps the biggest draw to doing your titles…in After Effects rather than in Premier…is the incredibly powerful animation tools.…Each text layer has unique properties called text animators…that can easily add a new level of dynamics to your project.…Here, we'll take a look at a few of those text animators…and see a bit of what they're capable of.…So in this composition, I've got my background layer…and I've got a bit of text there…that's just kind of sitting in place.…Now, I could certainly animate the opacity and bring them on…line by line, or layer by layer,…but that's kind of boring.…Let's go ahead and use text animators…to make something interesting happen.…
So, to make that happen, let's select our first layer.…Let's twirl it down,…and if you don't already have it,…enable your switches, or your modes,…by coming over here to columns, switches and modes.…Either one of these will have this in place,…and this is what we're looking for.…We twirl this down, all these are text animators,…different parameters that control…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.