- [Instructor] Within shape layers…are a group of tools called path operators…that allow you to alter and animate the shapes.…Path operators offer shape layers much more functionality,…including the ability to draw on the paths.…Here we'll take a look at how to use trim paths…to add life to our shape layer.…So here's a common task that you might run into…all the time as an editor, animating a map.…And so here I need to get from point A to point B,…I need to show my audience…that this navigation shape is going to start here,…and maybe follow up here,…and maybe the route goes all the way down,…to move to our location marker,…which is this shape layer that I've animated previously.…
Let's go ahead and take a look at that, it just rotates.…So, how do we show the navigation path?…Well, let's do that through the use of shape layers.…So, making sure that nothing's selected here,…I'm going to create a brand new shape…by using the pen tool.…And I'm going to predefine this using, I think red's okay,…and probably a larger,…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.