Motion sketching captures the movements of your mouse and records it as position keyframes for a selected layer.
- [Narrator] One of the fastest ways … to add Position animation inside of After Effects … is to use something called Motion Sketching. … After Effects has the ability … to capture your mouse movements … and translate that into keyframed animation. … Here in this movie we'll look at … how to use Motion Sketching. … In this finished example, … I've got my idea guy floating through the air … as he makes his way towards the thief's magnet. … Let's go ahead and preview this … and you can see my idea guy takes off … and does a couple of loop-de-loops … and ends up right on that magnet. … All that movement from our idea guy … is thanks to Motion Sketching. … Let's see how we can use this. … Under our Motion Sketch start composition … I'll select my idea guy and the first thing I want to do … is alter my Anchor Point. … I want the action or the rotation … to kind of happen around the light bulb, … since that's what's kind of leading this character … as he makes his way towards that magnet. …
- Shape layers and masks
- Track mattes
- Rigging characters
- Using the Puppet tool for rigging
- Adding and adjusting keyframes
- Looping animation
- Animating with motion paths and motion sketch
- Adding cameras for multiplane environments
- Lighting animation
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Layers and Shapes
2. Rigging Character Controls
3. Working with Animation
4. Creating Multiplane Environments
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.