Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Anchor point fundamentals, part of After Effects CC 2018 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Narrator] Understanding what an anchor point is…and how it works are fundamental concepts…you'll need to grasp in order to make the most…of your animations.…Every layer has one, and their spatial placement…on that layer can have a drastic effect…on how your animations behave.…So here in this first example, I've got a rectangle.…And I've got a few scaling keyframes here.…We go up from 100% down to zero,…from zero up to 100%.…If you don't already have it enabled,…go ahead and turn on this button…for Shape Path Visibility, and that will enable us…to see the bounding box here as well as the anchor point.…
So this anchor point lives in the middle,…and every layer's got an anchor point.…It's basically the place that's considered…the center of the layer from which…all transformations will take place.…And because we have these scaling keyframes,…it's going to scale around where that center point is,…where that anchor point is.…But what if we were to move this anchor point?…Let's go ahead and duplicate this.…I'm going to go to Edit, Duplicate.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.