Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Anchor point fundamentals, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Narrator] Understanding what an anchor point is…and how it works…are fundamental concepts you'll need to grasp…in order to make the most of your animations.…Every layer has one,…and their spacial placement on that layer…can have a drastic effect on how your animations behave.…So here in this first example, I've got a rectangle,…and I've got a few scaling keyframes here.…We go up from 100% down to zero,…from zero up to 100%.…If you don't already have it enabled,…go ahead and turn on this button for shape path visibility,…and that will enable us to see the bounding box here,…as well as the anchor point.…
So this anchor point lives in the middle,…and every layer has got an anchor point.…It's basically the place…that's considered the center of the layer…from which all transformations will take place.…Because we have these scaling keyframes,…it's going to scale around where that center point is,…where that anchor point is.…But what if we were to move this anchor point?…Let's go ahead and duplicate this.…I'm going to go to Edit, Duplicate,…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.