Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Altering speeds with time remapping and other techniques, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Adjusting keyframes for an animation…until it's just right can seem like hard work.…Sometimes you like the timing of an animation,…but overall, it needs to be sped up or slowed down.…Sometimes you need it to loop or ping pong.…Here we'll take a look at a few different techniques…that allow us to re-time our animation.…So here in this example I've built…this composition using some shape layers,…and you'll notice that the keyframes…kind of end at frame 50, where everything stops,…and then we just linger for another 50 frames.…Let's go ahead and select all these layers…and come here to Layer, or I'm sorry,…Animation, Reveal Properties with Keyframes.…
So we can see all the keyframes in question.…I'm going to raise this up a little bit,…make some room for our timeline.…And we learned previously that…we can select a group of keyframes,…and alter the timing of that selection…just by holding down Option and then…click dragging the outermost selected keyframe.…So now I've slowed down this animation,…and conversely I can speed up the animation.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.