Author Ian Robinson walks through the basics of using C4D Lite and moving between C4D and After Effects. Learn to match your frame rates and project settings, create 3D type and other models, apply materials, add animation, and output your project for compositing in After Effects. Covering the basic linear workflow, this course is the perfect introduction for the experienced After Effects artist who's new to the C4D workflow.
This course was created by Ian Robinson and produced by Rich Harrington. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Matching frame rates and project settings
- Exploring the render settings and linear workflow
- Creating 3D type with Extrude NURBs
- Repeating graphics with primitives and arrays
- Refining models with deformers
- Creating and applying materials
- Adding animation
- Defining multipass layers
- Working with cameras
- Extracting the C4D data in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
- I hope you enjoy this course and others in the After Effects Guru series. We've designed these courses to dig really deep into all the things that an intermediate and advanced After Effects user really need. As such we're going to assume that you have a basic working knowledge of After Effects and you feel comfortable with a lot of the core features. With these courses, we'll take a look at some of the more advanced options as well as some of the over-looked techniques that often fall through the cracks. Remember if we go to fast or there's something that you'd like to dig deeper on, feel free to check out some of the essential training series as well as the other After Effects courses available on Lynda.com.