This course was created by Mark Christiansen. We're honored to host this training in our library.
- Matching color in black and white
- Matching levels with proportions
- Desaturating with tint
- Creating depth of field
- Reducing or removing grain
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Mark Christiansen, and I'm going to share with you a passion of mine, which is visual effects compositing in Adobe After Effects. This is a skill that I built up over my career, working on small projects and big feature films, and most often working right in After Effects. This introductory course restores a little bit of the fun into fundamentals, with shots that exemplify matching elements to a scene, whether 2-D or 3-D compositing. We'll take into account the way that a camera creates a moving image, including light, grain and depth of field, along with in-depth, color-matching techniques that frankly are gonna rock your world.
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
1. Compositing Is Matching
2. More Complex Compositing
3. Introducing Depth
4. Organize Projects for VFX
5. Befriend Noise and Grain
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.