- Setting up the workspace, important preferences, and the cache
- Importing footage and comps
- Relinking missing footage
- Creating type, shape layers, and masks
- Rotoscoping with the Roto Brush
- Adjusting keyframes in the Graph Editor
- Timing animations to audio
- Building backgrounds with effects
- Rendering with the Render Queue and Adobe Media Encoder
- Animating 3D type
- Smoothing shaky footage and retouching footage
- Keying green screen footage
- Working with 3D: extruding shapes, adding ray-traced lighting, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Hi, I'm Ian Robinson and I want to welcome you to After Effects CS6 essential training. Now, I've been using After Effects over 15 years to create dynamic motion graphics for broadcast. After Effects is the industry standard for motion graphics and visual effects artists. I like to call it my "Swiss army knife" for video post-production. In this course, we'll get started by familiarizing ourselves with the 6 foundations of After Effects. First, we'll cover compositions. So you understand how to properly start and build your projects.
Then, we'll jump into layers where we'll explore type, blend modes, and compositing techniques like masking and rotoscoping. After that, it's on to animation, where we'll cover the fundamentals of key framing and more advanced topics like how to refine your movements with parenting, expressions, and the pick whip. Then we'll explore some effects in order to stylize your projects. And sure enough, we'll follow that up with some time for lights, camera, and action as we jump into 3D.
To round out our 6 foundations, we'll learn about how to finish your project with rendering. And for you over-achievers out there, we'll definitely keep on going to explore advanced topics, like stabilizing shaky camera footage, 3D type, 3D motion tracking, and, of course, the new ray-tracing renderer. So look, I know that learning After Effects can seem daunting at first, but once you get your feet wet, I think you'll be surprised how quickly you'll be able to create some compelling and hopefully fun motion graphics. So, let's get started with After Effects CS6 essential training.
Adobe After Effects
What is After Effects?1m 8s
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Compositions
3. Building and Designing with Layers
4. Animation 101
5. Using Effects to Modify Layers
6. Jumping into 3D
7. Exporting and Rendering
8. Going in Depth with Type and Shapes
9. Video in Depth
10. Project: Keying Green Screen Footage
11. Integrating External Projects
Importing Illustrator files4m 24s
12. Project: Tracking and Advanced 3D
What's next1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.