- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Alan] Hi, I'm Alan Demafiles, and welcome to this course where we cover essentials for creating motion graphics using After Effects. We'll look at its powerful type tool and see how adding type animators offers abilities to manipulate text that simply does not exist in other packages. Shape layers give us some of the power of Adobe Illustrator's vector tools directly inside of After Effects, along with a unique ability to add animation properties that become the foundation to the visual vocabulary used in today's motion graphics. We'll also cover essential animation techniques used to create more depth and personality to your projects.
Later, we'll touch on how we can introduce another dimension, literally, to our compositions by use of 3D layers and 3D geometry. Finally, we touch on several essential workflow tips that no beginner should start without. In addition to finishing out your project by rendering out a movie that you can then share with the world. So if you're ready to start expressing your creativity, let's get started.
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.